[Bitcoin-development] Announcement: libcoin

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:59:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Michael Grønager <gronager at ceptacle.com> wrote:
> The libcoin/bitcoind client downloads the entire block chain 3.5 times faster than the bitcoin/bitcoind client. This is less than 90 minutes on a modern laptop!

Very interesting. Do you know where this speedup came from?  It's not
typical for straight refactors that don't change datastructures and
the like to see such big speedups.

I see you have commented out code that disables fsync, which was my
first guess since I get big speedups from doing similar things.