[Bitcoin-development] BIP 20 Rejected, process for BIP 21N

thomasV1 at gmx.de thomasV1 at gmx.de
Sat Feb 4 14:03:25 UTC 2012

Just another question concerning BIP21:

On the wiki, the description of the "message" parameter reads:
"message that shown to the user after scanning the QR code"

I believe that the purpose of this parameter is to contain a description of the  transaction. This has use cases that go beyond QR codes.

If I am right, then I would say that naming it "message" is misleading. In fact, "message" suggests that a message will be sent to someone (the recipient of the funds? a third party?), which is not the case here. That parameter should probably be called "description".