[Bitcoin-development] Multisignature transaction support in the GUI

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:27:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Gavin Andresen <gavinandresen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Advantage of (2) is it should mean more testing of multisig, and fewer
> bug reports of "I added a multisig address via RPC but I can't send to
> it using the GUI"
>
> My opinion: I think it is worth allowing send-to-multisig-address via
> the GUI (should be a very simple change to the address validation
> logic).  But creating multisig addresses via the GUI should wait until
> the next release.

I think we should go with (2), changing the maximum address length and
validation is very easy. We'd need to

   - Change BitcoinAddressValidator::MaxAddressLength to 35
   - The addresses are validated with walletmodel->validateAddress which in
   turn calls CBitcoinAddress addressParsed(addr) and then isValid(). Does
   this work for the new addresses?

The set of allowed characters is still the same, so BitcoinAddressValidator
doesn't have to be changed.

Advanced dialogs for constructing the addresses / adding them to the
address book could wait for 0.7.0.

Wladimir