[Bitcoin-development] coinexplorer - a local "blockexplorer"

Michael Grønager gronager at ceptacle.com
Fri Feb 10 11:53:14 UTC 2012

I have just uploaded a new application to libcoin: "coinexplorer"

It enables queries similar to that of blockexplorer.com, but locally on your own chain.

coinexplorer builds on a new library addition: coinStat, that is a collection of classes for gathering and querying the block chain for other information than the ones used directly by the Node.

coinexplorer uses the HTTP GET feature of the coinHTTP/Server class to enable a simple search webpage, so you can do block searches by either commandline:
	bitcoind search <Address>

or simply by pointing you browser at http://localhost:8332

I apologize for the rudimentary interface, but I am not really a javascript/html5 savvy... So a more modern interface is left as an exercise for those who are.

You will find coinexplorer in the latest git:
	https://github.com/ceptacle/libcoin

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Gronager, PhD