[Bitcoin-development] BitcoinQt eating 100% CPU

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:26:40 UTC 2012

Bitcoin-Qt is now running nicely using around 0.9% CPU. So it seems like
> the culprit was indeed line 31:
>
> if(mq->timed_receive(&strBuf, sizeof(strBuf), nSize, nPriority, d))
>
> Others, who have seen similar issues ?

I can definitely reproduce the issue on my mac.

If I recall correctly, the Mac Bitcoin-Qt does not register itself as a
bitcoin: URL handler, so the easiest fix for the 0.6 release would be to
just never launch the ipcThread #ifdef Q_WS_MAC

Gavin Andresen