[Bitcoin-development] libcoin - fixed post Feb 20 version 0.2 bug.

Michael Gronager gronager at ceptacle.com
Fri Feb 24 11:57:06 UTC 2012

The bitcoin 0.2 protocol (the one with no checksums on version/verack) ended its life Feb 20th.

I had forgot to add the date check in libcoin, so after Feb 20th you might have seen some errors in the log file (and having trouble getting blocks) - the code is fixed now...

Also, there are a lot of updates for 0.6:
* New internal address classes: PubKeyHash and ScriptHash to support P2SH
* Adapted a lot of other code from the 0.6 branch
* Support for BitcoinQt: I am porting BitcoinQt to use libcoin - this required a couple of interface enhancements. More on this later...

(detail:
https://github.com/ceptacle/libcoin/commit/98531e971152d4fff41c30b14d58b9fd548b21db
)

Cheers,