[Bitcoin-development] Meeting 21:00 UTC #bitcoin-dev Freenode IRC

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 16:04:46 UTC 2012

This meeting is to discuss the new OP_EVAL changes coming to bitcoin.

A good summary of the past discussion so far by justmoon can be found:
http://privatepaste.com/4088b049af

Hopefully this can become a weekly thing. For now this is to discuss and inform about the coming changes to bitcoin.

----------

Where: Freenode IRC #bitcoin-dev
When:  21:00 UTC (16:00 New York time) until 22:00*
What:  OP_EVAL

Bitcoin is starting decentralising as any healthy free thinking community
should. Projects are thiving and the economy is growing. New ideas are
being realised and will edge out old models disruptively.

My hope is that we don't all become fractured. By having weekly regular
meetings, projects can harmonise in lock step. Concepts and algorithms can
be proposed and debated. You'd be surprised what having a scheduled regular
platform can achieve. A soap-box on an island in central waters.

For me, I don't have time to wade through IRC discussions, forum posts and
mailing lists. At least if the important things are discussed in one place
it makes bitcoin development and the system more accessible.

Before meeting:

- A wiki page is created for in advance of a weekly meeting.
- Announced on forums/mailing lists.
- Throughout the week talking points are added to the meeting page.

After:

- Log of discussion is posted online.
- I will type an accessible summary for the community at large on
http://bitcoinmedia.com/
- Next weekly meeting is scheduled.

Amir Taaki

*We can go over this hour, but this is to stop meetings dwindling off topic
into banal banter and stay focused.