[Bitcoin-development] bitcoin.org SOPA/PIPA blackout

solar solar at heliacal.net
Tue Jan 17 16:30:02 UTC 2012

Dear bitcoin-development,

One of the original reasons for the creation of this mailing list was because the bitcoin.org forum was filled with this type of noise and this list was to provide a medium for discussion of development topics.  This entire SOPA thing is off topic for this list.  Might as well argue about abortion, because you can pay an abortion doctor with bitcoins.. maybe.

Many of us subscribe because we're interested in the technical discussions.. not internet trolling.  Several people have already expressed that they don't care about this, so please discuss it somewhere more appropriate for this topic, like the bitcointalk forums.

Thanks,
Laszlo