[Bitcoin-development] GetBlocksToMaturity

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 16:37:05 UTC 2012

Actually now I'm thinking- I reckon it is so that your transaction gets accepted by the network when it is sent out. At around 20 confirmations, you can be sure that the rest of the network also has 100 confirmations off the original mined block.

Otherwise at 100 confirms, you may have a chain ahead of everyone else or there might be a temporary network partition (islanding) that causes another fork to get built up, then when they rejoin, not everyone has 100 confirms...