[Bitcoin-development] ECC Signature Issue

Brautigam Róbert robert.brautigam at netmind.hu
Fri Jan 27 18:19:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'll reply to myself here, just to mention that the issue is solved.

Dave Hook from Bouncycastle replied that in the particular signature
mentioned, one of the ASN1 encoded Integers is actually negative (which
is not a valid coordinate for a point on a curve I assume). Since ASN1
integers are always signed, one has to pad "big" values with a zero byte
to stay positive.

Workaround is easy for verification (convert to positive).

Robert.