[Bitcoin-development] BIP 21 (modification BIP 20)

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Jan 30 18:56:14 UTC 2012

On Monday, January 30, 2012 1:50:03 PM Gary Rowe wrote:
> Speaking on behalf of the MultiBit team (Jim's currently on holiday), we
> will not be supporting Tonal Bitcoins anytime soon. Therefore we back the
> BIP 21 proposal.

It is not correct to imply that BIP 20 requires Tonal Bitcoin support.
In fact, the exact opposite is true; it states that even if one unit (eg, TBC)
would be a more rational way to display a specified amount, clients should
still interpret it in the way that is deemed to be most intuitive to the user
(eg, BTC).