[Bitcoin-development] BIP 21 (modification BIP 20)

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 08:35:26 UTC 2012

I also wonder whether the "send to private address" should be part of this
BIP, or a future one.

IMO (but your mileage may vary) this BIP should only define the bare-bones
URL scheme, AND provide room for future extensions such
as send-to-private-address, send-multiple-signers, and so on. These should
be forwards-compatible (as Luke-Jr says) in the sense that older clients
can detect schemes they don't understand and give the user an appropriate
error message.

Maybe we need a send-type parameter to define the scheme?

Good point on the version parameter. How are clients supposed to handle
this? Refuse to handle the request if their URL scheme parser version is
older than in the URL? This should be in the BIP.

Wladimir