[Bitcoin-development] BIP 20 Rejected, process for BIP 21N

Gary Rowe g.rowe at froot.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 22:37:50 UTC 2012

Andreas has a good point. See RFC 3986 on URI schemes:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#page-12

The colon is a reserved general delimiter (similar in use to the / in a
typical URL, but applies to URNs etc). As suggested, we get req:something
being changed to one of the unreserved characters that do not have to be
URL encoded. Again, from the RFC these are

* Option A: req_something (underscore)
* Option B: req-something (hyphen)
* Option C: req~something (tilde)
* Option D: req.something (period)

Personally, my eye likes Option B, the hyphen.