[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin Wallet for Android

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:12:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've reverted these additions to the page, nothing personal but—

Er, to be clear, I left the android software in because the source is
available (And I'm told its had some review).

I removed the proprietary software section the plug for the
blockchain.info webservices, and the demotion of the armory client.

As far as criteria goes, I don't think we should list anything with a
security model weaker than SPV unless users can practically operate
their own servers. …and even that I'm a little uneasy with, because
most people will use the defaults. Ideally even thin clients would
have a near SPV security model, just without the bandwidth. But since
the alternative for thin clients is centralized web services the lower
standard will probably have better net results for now.

Nor do I think we should list anything which can't currently be
subjected to independent review of the whole stack (e.g. including the
server components in thinclients, unless the server is untrusted). In
the future this should be raised to there existing actual evidence of
third party review.