[Bitcoin-development] Random order for clients page

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 16:09:17 UTC 2012

JS randomisation is bad. People shouldn't need JS to view a webpage.

Only you have a problem with this page. I don't see why Bitcoin-Qt needs to be first either when it dominates the front page. It is perfectly fine as it is.

You are not a developer of any alternative clients, and this is a webpage for Bitcoin clients. I have made a change to remove a source of disputes, and make the process more fair and equal. Your suggestion to remove the clients page is your bias towards thinking that there should be only one Bitcoin client that everyone uses (the one which you contribute towards).

If you want to suggest removing the clients page, then fine, lets also remove all reference to Bitcoin-Qt from the front-page and turn it into a http://bittorrent.org/ style website.

Fact is that the other clients are rapidly becoming stable and mature, and the ecosystem is diversifying. The argument that the other clients were not up to scratch held maybe a few months ago, but not now.