[Bitcoin-development] Random order for clients page

Alan Reiner etotheipi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:03:55 UTC 2012

I generally agree with Greg.   I don't see anything he's said or done as
anti-alt-client.

As an alt-client developer, I'm happy to see my client on the main page,
but I'm also happy if that "clients" page is simply an acknowledgement that
there's more to the Bitcoin world than just the Bitcoin-Qt client, and a
link of where to find more information (i.e. the wiki).  I would still *
prefer* to have the page the way it is, because I think alt clients should
be more accessible and word will spread better where it is now -- but I
also recognize the inherent difficulty of gaining any kind of consensus of
how it should be organized, what goes on the list, etc, and no matter how
you do it, someone will complain about it being unfair or not right.

We either have to have a "czar" who is trusted to make responsible
decisions, and complaints of being unfair or recommendations for
improvements can go through that person, but ultimately it is that person
who makes the call.  Or we just move it to another page that is less
strictly controlled and where these things matter less.  Trying to gain
consensus among an amalgamation of developers all with competing priorities
and "products" is a terrible way to try to agree on stuff.

-Alan