[Bitcoin-development] bitcoin.org - remove hackathon

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at exmulti.com
Mon Jul 16 23:47:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Amir Taaki <zgenjix at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can I remove the hackathon from bitcoin.org and put up the conference instead?

ACK on removing outdated material

Vladimir does raise a fair point, though.  Hackathon seems appropriate
for bitcoin.org as it is focused on dev-related activities.  (full
disclosure: speaking at bitcoin2012.com)  The conference might or
might not be.  The conference does seem community focused, so I don't
object to it being on bitcoin.org...  But if consensus prefers
otherwise, that's OK too.

PS.  This seems like material for pull requests, which is preferred
over mailing list email + git push.  When working on the satoshi
client, we all ACK each other's pull req for anything beyond the
trivial.

--
Jeff Garzik
exMULTI, Inc.