[Bitcoin-development] bitcoin.org - remove hackathon

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 09:17:57 UTC 2012

OK, pull request seems good.

FYI we lost money on last year's conference, and are hoping to break even this year. The only people to make profit will be nefario and anyone else we give a share in it (people who help realise it). Otherwise money made goes towards next year's conference and paying for things to make a better conference (like Gavin wanted to attend but couldn't afford a ticket). It is not a commercial event, and I've been pushing to keep the sponsorship and community parts highly separated. Like I really do not wish to sell a speaker slot, but if I have to (to pay the bills) then it will be obvious due to scheduling and disclaimers that speakers are sponsors.