[Bitcoin-development] Scalability issues

Michael Grønager gronager at mac.com
Mon Jul 23 09:00:49 UTC 2012

I would guess that you are running the blockchain download through the tor-proxy - that would give you the times you mention. Further, encrypting your disk (aes stuff) will not help you much either, and encrypting a the storage of a public blockchain seems to me a bit odd ?

I get a full blockchain from scratch in 45 minutes on my laptop, but, I still agree with Gregory that scalability improvements are needed, but the problem is far from critical in the sense outlined here.

/M