[Bitcoin-development] Scalability issues

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:28:40 UTC 2012

> shopping.

Good thing I can still spend, even with an incomplete blockchain :)

> but why do you also need to encrypt 2+ GB of public record?

1) I'm not seeing an option to split the wallet, debug log and other
privates pathwise from the blockchain.
2) Because encrypt everything is reasonable standard practice.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Cardinal_Richelieu [ref: disputed quote]

BTW, logs for this box say at least 9 days were spent attempting to
crunch the most recent 3100 blocks before it was overrun with new
ones and retired. (There's no formal start timestamp, just some entries...)