[Bitcoin-development] Scalability issues

Andreas Petersson andreas at petersson.at
Fri Jul 27 08:53:06 UTC 2012

I propose a pragmatic solution: Try running the Multibit client. i am
not sure if the linux/java based installer would work,so maybe you have
to build it from source.
I tried it out is really fast compared to bitcoin-qt. after install it
took me 15 seconds to get updated and running. Importing a private
key/rescanning the blockchain was done in under 30 minutes.
It requires Java 6, i think there is a distro even for freebsd.
of course, you cannot do things as solomining with it since it uses SPV.