[Bitcoin-development] BIP 22 - getmemorypool

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 20:26:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

luke-jr wants me to split this BIP into 3 separate BIPs because he says that other devs felt it was too unfocused and covered too many topics. However this discussion took place on IRC, and I never saw any of it to ascertain what happened (BIP 1 says drafts should be evaluated on the mailing list).

I think a discussion of BIP 22 perhaps did happen on the mailing list, but I don't remember it. Sorry if that's the case.

Anyway before granting the permission to allow this proposal to be pared down, and new BIPs granted for the non-core parts of this proposal, I want to know what people think. I'm not a miner myself, so I'm prescient of my lack of knowledge in the topic.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0022

Thanks