[Bitcoin-development] Near-term scalability

Mike Koss mike at coinlab.com
Fri Jun 15 17:37:04 UTC 2012

Grouping mempool transactions based on fees of the group seems
an unnecessary complexity; it makes it harder to predict if an isolated
transaction has enough "juice" to be included in the next Block.

Given your point about economic actors adapting to conditions, would it not
be simpler to use a individual "fee per byte" priority algorithm and let
transaction generators distribute their fees accordingly (and more
predictably)?

This simpler algorithm will prune arbitrary transactions sub-optimally, but
has the benefit of being more understandable and predictable from the point
of view of transaction generators.

Mike Koss
CTO, CoinLab
(425) 246-7701 (m)