[Bitcoin-development] Proposed new P2P command and response: getcmds, cmdlist

Amir Taaki zgenjix at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 01:34:53 UTC 2012

Introspection/command discovery is nice, but I would prefer it to be immediately done in the first version exchange so no assumptions as to how a network is operating need to be made.

I like the idea of a flat list of commands. It might make sense to have "meta"-commands that alias to groups of commands. i.e "original" for the current core subset up to (and including) "pong". The aliases could exist in a text definition file which is held on github or bitcoin.org/