[Bitcoin-development] After compressed pubkeys: hybrid pubkeys

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 21:41:52 UTC 2012

RE: 0x06/0x07 'hybrid' public keys:

> Any opinions? Forbidding it certainly makes alternative implementation
> slightly easier in the future, but I'm not sure the hassle of a network
> rule change is worth it.

I say treat any transactions that use them as 'non-standard' -- don't
relay/mine them by default, but accept blocks that happen to contain
them.

I agree that a rule change isn't worth it right now, but making them
non-standard now is easy and should make a rule change in the future
easier.

Gavin Andresen