[Bitcoin-development] 0.6.x - detachdb in wrong place

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Jun 18 00:02:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:04:42 PM grarpamp wrote:
> >> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin
> >> https://git.gitorious.org/bitcoin/bitcoind-stable
> >
> > The latter is Luke's backports of security and stability fixes to
> > otherwise unmaintained old versions.
>
> Ah ok, coming from cvs/svn, it's a bit different to find things.
> There's something to be said for maintenance of pior branches.
> Though I see some things I can use in github and my work would
> be more useful there, so maybe I'll stwitch to that from gitorius/0.6.x.
>
> Presumably the github/0.6.2 branch is safe for production?

No, that was a temporary branch of what became the stable 0.6.x branch.
GitHub/master is bleeding edge. For production, you usually want the stable
branches/releases (which are on Gitorious).

The fix to -detachdb's position in -help was just merged to master, and should
be backported sometime in the next few days.

Luke