[Bitcoin-development] LevelDB benchmarking

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Mon Jun 25 16:32:56 UTC 2012

I've added some more commits:

https://github.com/mikehearn/bitcoin/commits/leveldb

It's still not ready for a pull req but is a lot closer:

1) Auto-migration is there but not well tested enough (I only tested
with empty wallets).
2) Migration progress UI is there so you have something to watch for
the few minutes it takes. Script execution is disabled during
migration
3) LevelDB source is checked in to the main tree, bitcoin-qt.pro
updated to use it
4) LevelDB is conditionally compiled so if there's some unexpected
issue or regression on some platform it can be switched back to BDB

Still to go:

1) More testing, eg, with actual wallets :-)
2) Update the non-Qt makefiles
3) On Windows it's currently de-activated due to some missing files
from leveldb + I didn't test it

If you want to help out, some testing and makefile work would be
useful. I may not get a chance to work on this again until next week.