[Bitcoin-development] LevelDB benchmarking
mike at plan99.net
Mon Jun 25 16:32:56 UTC 2012
I've added some more commits:
It's still not ready for a pull req but is a lot closer:
1) Auto-migration is there but not well tested enough (I only tested
with empty wallets).
2) Migration progress UI is there so you have something to watch for
the few minutes it takes. Script execution is disabled during
3) LevelDB source is checked in to the main tree, bitcoin-qt.pro
updated to use it
4) LevelDB is conditionally compiled so if there's some unexpected
issue or regression on some platform it can be switched back to BDB
Still to go:
1) More testing, eg, with actual wallets :-)
2) Update the non-Qt makefiles
3) On Windows it's currently de-activated due to some missing files
from leveldb + I didn't test it
If you want to help out, some testing and makefile work would be
useful. I may not get a chance to work on this again until next week.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
>> Two days ago on #bitcoin-dev:
>> 21:01:19< sipa> what was CTxDB::ReadOwnerTxes ever used for?
>> 21:01:31< sipa> maybe it predates the wallet logic
>> (read: it's not used anywhere in the code, and apparently wasn't ever, even in 0.1.5)
> Great, in that case Stefan is right and I'll delete that code when I
> next work on the patch.
More information about the bitcoin-dev