[Bitcoin-development] 0.7 merge recommendations/status

Michael Grønager gronager at mac.com
Sat Mar 31 11:16:56 UTC 2012

If you are interested, I could push libcoin to bitcoin (e.g. bitcoin/libcoin) and then you could build bitcoind bitcoin-qt on libcoin.

libcoin solved most of the problems you list below. And if you worry about the copyright/license I am also willing to change that to make it fit.

libcoin have no global thread mutexes and and there is no blocking of the main thread due to rpc methods (except for a sendto), further, e.g. a reorganize only locks the main thread for a split second while the final commit is done.

The libcoin rpc supports keep_alive and pipelining, runs in its own thread (but can also run in the same thread as the node) and uses async operation. Ipv6 is easy to implement in libcoin as the CAddress/Endpoint class is implemented as a subclass of boost::endpoint, only thing holding back is deciding on an ipv6 format on IRC, and, I then I would really like to reverse the order of the last 12 bytes in the address db (they are opposite to boost).

Cheers,

Michael