[Bitcoin-development] new bitcoin.org clients page

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:30:12 UTC 2012

> If your computer is low powered or you aren't willing to tolerate a 24-hour+ initial start time,

What computer is the initial start time 24-hours+ now?   On normal
systems initial sync-up now takes a couple hours.  It could be slower,
of course, if you have the bad luck to end up with unresponsive peers—
but that will also make the SPV nodes slow.

Better to be conservative I agree, but calling it a dozen times longer
than I'd expect is perhaps a bit much.

Refine refine refine.