[Bitcoin-development] IPv6 bitcoin support now live

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Sun May 27 17:02:06 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 03:14:40PM +0200, Pieter Wuille wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at exmulti.com> wrote:
> > sipa just pushed out IPv6 support to bitcoin/bitcoin.git, and we have
> > a few IPv6 nodes live on the network already.
> >
> > If you have IPv6, please pull the latest bitcoin and test!
>
> Since yesterday, my DNS seeder (running at seed.bitcoin.sipa.be)  also
> crawls the IPv6 network, and returns corresponding AAAA records.
> Hopefully this helps IPv6 nodes to find eachother.

I can confirm this seems to work quite well now. I tried running an
IPv6-only node a few days ago, and with the default seeds it couldn't
start up and sync with the network unless I manually created a dual-net
node and manually added it. Now things work just fine out of the box and
last I checked I had 5 peers.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org