[Bitcoin-development] Punishing empty blocks?

Peter Vessenes peter at coinlab.com
Mon May 28 14:54:21 UTC 2012

One of the issues here though is that it would be nice if miners published
their own tx rules -- it might be hard to impute them from data.

I had started a thread about this on bitcoin.org some time ago, and I don't
recall what the general outcome was.

I had imagined an open service whereby a miner could publish a short string
in their conbase tying to the service and the service would have different
metadata, including the miner's transaction guarantees.

We offered to host this before, and would still be willing to host such a
service.

Peter

Peter J. Vessenes
CEO, CoinLab