[Bitcoin-development] Punishing empty blocks?

Peter Vessenes peter at coinlab.com
Tue May 29 15:28:56 UTC 2012

I disagree with a bunch of your points, but I'll wait on others to comment,
except I will say that I don't understand what the 20 byte keyhash is. Can
you elucidate?

I am assuming major mining folks have written their own coinbasing
facilities, but perhaps this is not the case -- if so, I agree that some
work is necessary for such miners.

Finally I will just comment that I am guided by the general perspective
that many things about bitcoins are opt-in; therefore it makes sense to me
put difficult work onto those who are motivated to do it, and keep things
as easy as possible for the 'maybes' to participate -- hence small
courtesies like allowing text/plain or text/html.

Peter

--
Peter J. Vessenes
CEO, CoinLab