[Bitcoin-development] IRC meeting agenda, 18:00 UTC Thursday

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Nov 6 19:13:33 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:47:34 PM Gavin Andresen wrote:
> Thursdays at 18:00 UTC (6PM Europe/1PM east US/10AM west US) seem to
> be a good time for the core dev team to meet on the #bitcoin-dev
> freenode IRC channel to chat.
>
> I'd like to talk about:
>
> o Can we put together a TODO list to get to a 0.8 release candidate ?
>
> o Is it time to feature-freeze 0.8 and work on just testing the new
> features and fixing existing bugs (the issues list keeps getting
> longer and longer ... )?

Not much has changed besides internal workings, right?
Though perhaps that's still significant enough for 0.8.

> o BIP process: are we happy with how it is working? What can we do to
> improve it?

Amir seems to be more and more absent these days, so it might be nice to setup
a successor failsafe in the event that he cannot be reached. It would be a
shame for the BIP process to fall apart merely because we can't get numbers
assigned.

But more important to the success of BIP today, I think, is encouraging wider
community participation. The stratum mining mess seems to be a direct result
of lack of participation in the GBT BIP process (resulting in it not being as
ideal as some pools desire) and lack of any peer review/contribution toward
the stratum protocol. What can we do to increase awareness of BIP and
encourage more collaboration?

Luke