[Bitcoin-development] IRC meeting agenda, 18:00 UTC Thursday

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Nov 8 09:19:05 UTC 2012

I won't be able to make it this time.  My feeling is IRC is a good place to
bounce ideas around when time and people happen to be available, but having
meetings there will inevitably lead to decision making that's better done
in a slower manner via email.

Comments:

   BIP process: are we happy with how it is working? What can we do to improve
it?

Needing some kind of process to allocate a number is over the top. I
skipped this for the bloom filtering BIP. We should take off the part of
the {{BIP}} template that says "don't just pick a number and add a bip" -
that's exactly what people should do. I'm not sure there's any need for an
editing role either.

    Is it time to feature-freeze 0.8

I'd like more time to get the bloom filtering work in. It'll be easier to
promote the 0.8 release if we can sell it as "important
scalability/performance improvement for the network, upgrade to help
Bitcoin keep growing", as whilst there's no real auto update or organized
people who religiously update promotion is very important. I think
ultraprune + bloom filtering is the two major scalability improvements we
have right now.