[Bitcoin-development] IRC meeting agenda, 18:00 UTC Thursday

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:07:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
>     Is it time to feature-freeze 0.8
>
> I'd like more time to get the bloom filtering work in. It'll be easier to
> promote the 0.8 release if we can sell it as "important
> scalability/performance improvement for the network, upgrade to help Bitcoin

I agree on getting the bloom filtering stuff in for 0.8, though I
don't think it'll need any marketing at all— ultraprune speaks for
itself. :P
I'm also concerned about overselling it for miners and merchants when
the ultraprune stuff is such a major change.

Since the current changes will just need a lot of testing and soaking
time which is pretty much independent of RPC and GUI changes it might
be unfortunate to feature freeze those things and then have a long
delay just on QA for the other stuff.  I do think we need to talk
about what we think we need to o to get what we have now ready for
release.