[Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol Proposal: Invoices/Payments/Receipts

Rick Wesson rick at support-intelligence.com
Tue Nov 27 03:54:44 UTC 2012

> We are not establishing an IETF working group, which is an option that
> was explored prior to the Paris meeting and has been sidelined at
> present for depth-of-bureaucracy by the backing commercial entities.
> Rather, we are establishing a top-level IANA registry group. This is
> not anticipated by the IETF old-guard working with us to be either (a)
> controversial or (b) possible to block.

My last note in this sub-thread.

There are no IANA registry groups, there is no such thing, and no way
to form one. The IETF can ask the IANA to form a registry but these
things take lots of support and take a long time, and these are only
created through standards track RFC. ICANN runs the IANA and there is
no such framework that you elude to. Review
http://www.iana.org/protocols/

If you are applying for a gTLD, good luck with that.

-rick