[Bitcoin-development] 0.7.1 release

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:49:22 UTC 2012

There is consensus that we need to do a 0.7.1 release to fix the
"click on a bitcoin: URI and nothing happens" bug on Windows.

I would really like to fix the "I upgraded from a binary running an
incompatible version of BDB and now I get a DB_RUNRECOVERY error on
startup" problem, too, and I've got a pull request that fixes half of
that problem (plus a bunch of other "my wallet is broken" cases):

"Handle corrupt wallets gracefully" :
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1895

This pull request:

"Add -reindex, to perform in-place reindexing of blockchain data
files" : https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1870

... could be the basis for fixing the other half of the problem (if
blkindex.dat is bad, delete it and re-create it from the blk000?.dat
files).

Are there any other very-high-priority pull requests that should go
into a 0.7.1 release?

I'd like to pull:

"P2P: Do not request blocks from peers with fewer blocks than us" :
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1834
"In listaddressgroupings push down the IsMine check to run on each
input." : https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1872

... and these which could be considered fixes to the new raw transactions API:

"Add redeemScript to raw transactions API"  :
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1818
"Add new RPC "lockunspent", to prevent spending of selected outputs" :
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1861

Gavin Andresen