[Bitcoin-development] separate out blockchain db and wallet to two dirs?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:59:02 UTC 2012

> I like this idea, although I would say the blockchain should go in /var/lib/bitcoin
> by default, right? I'm just a longtime LInux guy, not a formal sysadmin, though.

Further, bitcoin doesn't allow easy separation of the files without
detachdb (off by default), nor does it supply a user agnostic system
daemon to do the block processing separately from user wallet ops.
So I would suggest until then it remain split up somewhere under
.bitcoin rather than in /var or anywhere else.