[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin meets the Semantic Web....

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:57:19 UTC 2013

On 1 April 2013 11:35, Harald Schilly <harald at schil.ly> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Melvin Carvalho
> <melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The first step that needs to be done is to create a "vocabulary" for
> > bitcoin.
>
> Hi, have you checked out databases like OKFN and searched for existing
> vocabularies for payments? I don't think it's a great idea to
> re-invent it, if there is already some existing protocol.
>
> random search gave me that:
>
> http://schema.org/PaymentMethod
>
> http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1#PayPal << adding
> something right here for bitcoin!? (diners club and similar also exist
> there)
>
> payment relationships:
> http://iig2.com/b2bo/ns.html#
>
> more search results:
> http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/search/#s=payment

Thanks for the pointers.  I am aware of most of this work, indeed I speak
regularly to many of the authors.

I will reuse as much as possible, but some terms will be bitcoin specific.

I came across:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_glossary

Which is really nice.

Question is where to host it.  I have 3 ideas so far

1. bitcoin.org -- logical, but no https and github doesnt let you set mime
types

2. w3id.org -- new site could be a good permanent location

3. bitcoin.it wiki -- has https but im unsure i can set a mime type, anyone
know who maintains this?