[Bitcoin-development] On-going data spam

Robert Backhaus robbak at robbak.com
Tue Apr 9 11:34:33 UTC 2013

The obvious problem is that if you can frame it as a valid address, you can
put what you want there. If you can make it pass the validation, miners
have no way of knowing it's not a valid address.

Of course, there is nothing new about this. I ran strings on the blockchain
and found all sorts of ascii rubbish right from the beginning.