[Bitcoin-development] Anti DoS for tx replacement

John Dillon john.dillon892 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:40:13 UTC 2013

Sorry I don't have time to reply more in depth, but I wanted to say to
Jeremy (especially) and Peter I'm very impressed to see such a good
design be created so fast that does not depend on replacement at all.
This is a great example of how often the right approach to a problem
is to accept that the easy solution will not work, and find a way to
overcome the issue, rather than trying to paper over the easy
solution's problems with insecure design. I'm reminded of Peter's work
on fidelity bonded banking to overcome Bitcoin's scalability problem,
although that needs to become real, and soon, so we can find all the
flaws in it that will only become apparent when the idea is
implemented for real.

Jeremy: There does not seem to be a PGP key listed for your email
address. Is that correct?