[Bitcoin-development] Service bits for pruned nodes

Brenton Camac bpcamac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:06:12 UTC 2013

Sounds like this part of Bitcoin (block sharing) would definitely benefit from having a REST (HTTP) API.

REST-based web APIs are a common feature of most online services these days.  Makes writing other client services so much easier.  Plus you get the benefit of the HTTP ecosystem for free (HTTP caches, etc).

- Brenton Camac