[Bitcoin-development] More appropriate XDG menu category for bitcoin-qt

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Fri Aug 2 19:08:52 UTC 2013

Hey list,

Currently the bitcoin-qt application's XDG desktop integration on some
desktop environments requests that it be placed under the "Office" menu
category.[1] This is a rather broad category and I would like to suggest
that this be refined further into "Finance", given that XDG's menu
specification allows for this.[2]

I believe the line in question in bitcoin-qt.desktop should be as
follows:

        Categories=Office;Finance;

I would have provided this trivial patch myself, but my knowledge of Git
is rather weak and I apologize.

Respectfully,

[1] <https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/contrib/debian/bitcoin-qt.desktop>
[2] <http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apas02.html>