[Bitcoin-development] SPV client in pure JavaScript?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Aug 9 12:10:52 UTC 2013

Code that runs inside NativeClient has the same access level as JavaScript
does. It's just a way to do things faster.

Distribution as a Chrome app via the Chrome store is a fine approach, as
long as people understand it's just an app platform like any other. It has
pros and cons that must be weighed up. For instance, Chrome for mobile
doesn't really do apps, at least not at the moment. Also, you're still
limited by what APIs Chrome exposes, which are a strict subset of what a
real OS provides.