[Bitcoin-development] Version 0.9 goals

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Aug 15 15:22:23 UTC 2013

> Our plan is to add support for that into v1 firmware, but it also depends
> on readiness of surrounding infrastructure; mainly if there'll be support
> for payment protocol in multibit in the time of v1 release (I suppose that
> the Multibit will be the first wallet  compatible with Trezor AND
> supporting payment protocol).

Yeah, OK. Let's see how much progress Gary makes. Supporting HD wallets is
the trickiest part and I don't know how much time I will have - the Android
RNG issue and getting bcj 0.10 released have sucked up a lot of my time
lately and I need to refocus on other things for a bit. But between the guy
who volunteered to do payment protocol, and Gary doing TrezorJ, and Matija
already having done the core algorithms, I'm hoping the only parts I'll
have to do are integrating the HD code with the core wallet code. Possibly
if we're running out of time I can do a real basic HD wallet implementation
that only iterates a key once and doesn't generate new keys for each
transaction, as that's really the trickiest part (because of the need for
lookahead/behind and memory bloat on phones).