[Bitcoin-development] BIP 32.5

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Fri Aug 16 13:29:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 01:32:39PM +0200, Mike Hearn wrote:
> and analysing it is really hard (plus it inverts the threat model - if you
> trust your computer and not your hardware wallet, why do you have a
> hardware wallet?)

Myself I would trust neither the hardware wallet nor my computer...

So looks like the first version of the TREZOR won't support multisig -
how far away are we from support? What about other manufacturers?

P2SH support is probably going to be a major sticking point. The payment
protocol is all well and good, but it doesn't (yet) help getting money
to the individual. bitcoinj P2SH support for sending would be a major
help here - lots of person-to-person trades happen via Android wallets.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000b9656276a0fdab028ca759c3fd7f951fb20196c264b5cd1ce