[Bitcoin-development] Gavin's post-0.9 TODO list...

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Fri Aug 16 14:59:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 04:36:20PM +0200, Mike Hearn wrote:
> That change was made in response to user complaints. Heck we get complaints
> about battery life and bandwidth impact even with Bloom filtering. We can't
> just randomly start using peoples bandwidth for relaying blocks, especially
> as I guess most SPV nodes are behind NAT.

UPNP seems to work well for the reference client. What's the situation
there on Android?

I leave my phone plugged in and connected via wifi for most of the day;
lots of people do that.

The user interface for this stuff is very simple: "How much bandwidth
will you contribute back? If you contribute more bandwidth back, other
peers will prioritize you and your wallet will be more reliable."

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000003cfc051263917373a1cab2655994b97c54a625021f52c84658