[Bitcoin-development] Bloom io attack effectiveness

Wendell w at grabhive.com
Mon Aug 19 21:57:06 UTC 2013

John,

I for one support your rallying cry of decentralization.

If you are implying that even 10,000 full nodes seems far, far too few for a distributed system that may ultimately face a very well-connected and well-funded threat model, I agree with you completely. However, I took Gavin's statement to mean something like a factual statement about the load-bearing nature of that many nodes, rather than an actual target number for some future iteration of the network.

Partial UTXO sets sound like a great idea -- are they really being ignored? I am pretty new to the development process here, but I assumed (as with many open source projects) that ideation, debate and implementation take a while to churn. Has a prototype of that been developed already, are you implying that you funded something like that and it never got built? If there are some GitHub links that I missed, please send them over.

Maybe you should open that topic back up in its own thread, so we can bring it back into view?

-wendell

grabhive.com | twitter.com/grabhive | gpg: 6C0C9411