[Bitcoin-development] Coin Control, Send crash on MacOS X

Warren Togami Jr. wtogami at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 11:05:28 UTC 2013

https://github.com/litecoin-project/bitcoinomg/commits/0.8.5-OMG6
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/~warren/bitcoin-0.8.5-OMG6/
I've been backporting patches from master and Litecoin to make a Bitcoin
0.8 client with more features.  It works quite well on Linux and Win32.

http://pastebin.com/g8QqheGc
Today we discovered a rare crash that can happen on MacOS X. toffoo and
coblee reproduced it on MacOS X 10.9 and I reproduced it on 10.6.8. It
seems to be some kind of race condition involving SendCoinsEntry::clear().

   1. 11  QtGui                               0x00e28141
   QWidget::setFocus(Qt::FocusReason) + 289
   2. 12  org.bitcoinfoundation.Bitcoin-Qt    0x002ca665
   SendCoinsEntry::clear() + 101

This build was made with Xcode 3.2.6 on MacOS X with MacPorts qt4-mac
qt-4.8.4, roughly meant to approximate Gavin's build environment for the
0.8.x releases.

With this unfamiliar build environment I have been unsuccessful at building
master so I am unable to confirm if this crash exists there.  I am trying
qt-4.8.5 next ... but even if I manage to build it, it is exceedingly
difficult to reproduce...

Warren