[Bitcoin-development] Floating fees and SPV clients

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 11:41:10 UTC 2013

> Wouldn't the idea be that the user always sees 10mBTC no matter what, but
> the receiver may receive less if the user decides to pay with a huge
> transaction?

If users want to pay with a huge transaction then it seems to me the user
should cover that cost. Allowing users to pay merchants with 100K
transactions full of dust and expecting them to eat the cost seems like a
great way to enable bleed-the-merchant-dry attacks.

RE: hiding or showing fees:  I pointed out to Peter that there doesn't have
to be One True Answer.  Let wallets experiment with either hiding or
exposing fees, and may the best user experience win.

Gavin Andresen